Saturday, August 5, 2017

Perspectives of a 6 Year Old !

     My card this morning is a salute to a very astute, 6-year-old who has four older brothers (ages 13 through 21.)  She's the only girl and the baby of the family, a completely unplanned 'happy'-stance, and wonderfully unspoiled despite being everyone's darling.  :-D  The sentiment is an exact quote - directly from her.


   I colored this adorable Bugaboo Stamps image with my ProMarkers and followed the recipe from Catch the Bug Challenges (3 layers, pink, and scallops.)  The striped dp and the distressed pink dp (cut with the same Memory Box stitched, scalloped circle die) are inlaid so that's really a single layer.  Then I cut another scalloped circle, smaller this time, and embossed it with my Swiss Dots folder.  Finally, I added the image which had been cut with a plain circle die (QuicKutz), making the other two layers for the recipe.

     I used two different grosgrain ribbons to make the bow tie and sewed on a tiny button.  What you need to know is that Dollie, the 6-year-old, has a 5-month-old, Siamese kitten and he wears a red collar with a bow on it that looks like a bow tie.  I thought that made this card perfect for her and I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it when her own birthday rolls around in September.

     Challenges:
Crafty Creations
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Sentiments
Cutie Pie
Day Dreamer
Ike's World
Lemon Shortbread
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrapy Land
SUYP Cats

     We are barely starting the weekend (depending on where you are in the world) and I hope you have wonderful, restful, plans made which include lots of relaxing crafting.  Stay out of the heat if you are in the midst of a summer heat wave, or indoors, toasty and warm, if you're in the middle of a snowy winter.  Each of those are great excuses for hanging out in the craft room, right?  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

jimlynn said...

LOL! I LOVE that sentiment! What a smart little girl to say this. Cute, cute card too Connie. The little kitty is precious.
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha! cute as can be, Connie, and FANTASTIC use of circles! Love this little round faced "puddy cat" and the sweet way you have colored it. Your tiny recipient will be very happy with this card! hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

LOL Nana Connie, that sentiment cracked me up as I must be ancient ;) A fabulous card and of course I just adore the sweet kitty.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Borqna said...

Bravo, Nana Connie! What a sweet kitty and card!
Good luck!!!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image.xxx

Dewi Lestari said...

Another lovely one! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Sall said...

Ah that truly is cute. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Unknown said...

Very sweet card. I had to laugh at the sentiment.... Great job! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for sharing with us at the Cutie Pie challenge. Shona xx

Marilyn said...

Great card and I love that sentiment!
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs challenge and I hope you'll be back again soon.
Marilyn S

Maria Valente said...

Such a sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
Mary (DT)

ike said...

Fabulous card and such a brilliant sentiment :-)
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

ike said...

Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges too :-) xxxx

Judy V said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 340 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS, I'm an only girl with 4 brothers, such fun. I LOVE the sentiment, she has her head on right LOL.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! That kitty is adorable and I really love how you've colored him! Really love his expression and the sentiment goes perfectly with him!! LOL!! The bow and button on his collar is adorable too! ;) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card ! Thanks for joining us at SCRAPY LAND challenges blog and good luck
Maryvonne, DT member