Friday, September 8, 2017

Skinny Turkey

     I'm doing fall and Thanksgiving cards this week so my DT card for the challenge over at QKR Stampede had to include something with fall colors and I made it into a Thanksgiving card while I was there.  This QKR image is called "Skinny Turkey" and I can tell he's been starving himself since August so that he'll be too skinny to end up on the Thanksgiving table.  At this point, he's nothing but bones and feathers.  lol


I used colors from House of Cards.


     I colored him with my ProMarkers and used two different border dies from Spellbinders to cut him out.  I chose three different papers and used one of those border dies on them, then layered them to make the background.  I wrapped the layered papers with gold satin ribbon before adding the turkey image.

     I tied a little bow using yellow gingham ribbon and then left it at that.  It's a card which will work well for one of the many guys in my family where gals are outnumbered nearly 2 to 1.  You know I make a lot of guy cards!

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Color Inspiration Monday
Creates and Makes
Cuttlebug Mania
I {heart} ProMarkers
Kraftin' Kimmie
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Pile It On

     Come play with us this week!  Our overall theme is always "Anything Goes" and the optional theme this week is "Fall Colors" so take that as encouragement to get your Halloween or Thanksgiving cards started.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Birdie said...

Hmm,I need his diet plan! Nana Connie, this is too cute. Great image and nice use of the colors. Thanks again for joining in on the PIP challenge.

Peanut said...

Absolutely hilarious holiday card, NC. Love your sense of humour. Hope you are well, my friend. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Jannie said...

Good thinking of that Turkey! What a great sentiment!!

Thank you for joining us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Clare Jones said...

Great fun card
Thank you for joining us at Love Promarkers this week

Clare x (clarejonesy.blogspot.co.uk)

Valérie said...

Fun card. Love the turkey. Thank you for joining in the challenge at Pile It On.
Valérie

Lilibet said...

Ha! That Turkey is brilliant! Love your card. Thanks for playing along at I love Promarkers - Good luck, Liz (:(|)x

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joking at the House of Cards Challenge :)