Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Naughty or Nice?


     OK, I know these are supposed to be innocent milk maids, as in "8 Maids a'Milking," but come on -- their "We're Partying!" smiles tell me that's more likely to be vodka than milk in their glasses!   Hence, the sentiment "It's all fun and games till Santa checks the naughty list!"  Both the image and the sentiment are from Beccy's Place and I think they work perfectly for the "N" day of the alphabet challenges.  I leave it totally up to you to decide if that stands for Naughty or Nice.


     I colored with a combination of ProMarkers and Copics (tending toward the Neon reds), then cut the image with a square die from Spellbinders.  I had to adjust the die and cut twice to make it a rectangle because I wanted it slightly more rectangle than square to accommodate the shape of the image.

     I mounted that onto black CS for the mat.   I found the black and red dp in my stash of scraps and put it on top of some burgundy CS I had chosen for the card front.  The kraft ribbon with the snowflakes seemed to work with the color of the cow.  I made a fan-fold bow and wrapped it with Narrow linen ribbon.

     Challenges:
Beccy's Place
Color Inspiration Mon.
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Addicts
Digi Choosday
Merry Monday
Outlawz Greetings
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
TTCRD

     Well, I'm later getting this posted than normal but my day got away from me from the very moment I got out of bed this morning.  Maybe tomorrow will be less frantic.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

They sure do look like they are having a good time. Lovely card! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Suzanne H said...

This is so cute! I think they are being nicely naughty.

Jane Savage said...

What an amazing image! Great fun!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Beccy said...

I really enjoyed reading your blurb NC, it gave me quite a chuckle! You're right about the milk maids looking as though they're in party mode, they do seem to be enjoying themselves a little too much. You did an awesome job on the colouring, I really like the fabulous bright red dresses they're all wearing. The background is wonderful too, I love the beautiful poinsettia paper.
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. I'm going for naughty!

Marcia Hill said...

They definitely look like they're having a wonderful time! Great card and colored beautifully too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful festive card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! Love your use of the N for naughty or nice. I love this image too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Another of your cards that made me laugh! Love the sentiment! Those ladies sure do look like they are having fun!!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Well this sure gave me a chuckle! Love it! Thanks for joining in with us at PIP Challenges.
Hugs

Leanne said...

Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday, great job.
Leanne DT/MM

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab card, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at the Crafty Addicts this month!
Hugs Donna DT xx