Wednesday, May 2, 2018

"Mice" Rose

     I did a huge clean-out of my remaining wood-mounted, rubber stamps and got rid of most of them but the ones from Penny Black had to stay.  I adore all the mice, hedgies, and cats in my PB collection and simply couldn't stand the idea of sending them off to live elsewhere.  But sorting through them made me realize how little I've used them since discovering digis some years back so I stamped several of them and put them into the "Waiting to be Used" file.

     Here's a hint for those of you who love the sizing ability of digis (probably my favorite thing aside from computer storage):  stamp the image onto paper or CS, then photograph it and save the photo as a .jpg image.  Open the .jpg in whatever software you use for opening and printing digis, then adjust the size from there before you print and color it.  I don't know if that will work with a cell phone photo because I only photograph with my Canon digital camera but it works great with those photos.

   

I loved the inspiration photos at Sugar Pea Designs and at Cupcake Inspiration.

  

     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then die cut it with a fancy oval die from Spellbinders.  I printed the sentiment in red, hand cut it and added it to the image piece.  Everything went onto a blue background.

     I found a piece of beige lace in my stash and used a ProMarker to 'dye' it the coral-pink I wanted.  I tied it into a bowtie bow, wrapped with a bit of 1/8" satin ribbon.

     Challenges:

     Thanks for visiting and for commenting, my friends.  I truly appreciate your time and efforts.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

jimlynn said...

With so many of my rubber stamps I'd like them larger or smaller - thanks for the tip on doing just that!!!
Love your card too. Such a cute, cute image and it's colored to perfection and also framed out perfect too. Fabulous card!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE your little mices :) great colouring too.
I always get the ink to smudge when I try and colour, must be doin' sumfin wrong!
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I love the beautiful stamp and your colouring.
Hugs
Linda xxx

brenda said...

An adorable Penny Black image and card and perfect for our 'All about Animals' theme at Allsorts challenge, thank you so much for joining in.

B x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts "Pets' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Stunning card.... love that Stamp....
Thanks for joining us at PBSC
Hugs Sylvie xx

Debs said...

Wonderful card, and what a fantastic tip scanning my stamps into the computer, think it might take me a while though but the possibilities are endless, many a time I’ve thought wish it was facing the other way or maybe a bit bigger. thank you for joining us at Digi choosday. Debra GDT

Donna Ellis said...

Such a cute image, and BEAUTIFULLY COLORED, Miss Connie. Thanks for the tip. I often scan them, and have not thought of photographing them. Love your precious creation! xx

GalFridayStamping said...

What a simply adorable creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Connie, love your colouring. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Digi Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Helen said...

So cute!
Thanks so much for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Deborah said...

Cute mice and a lovely card. Thank you for joining us over at Di's Digi Designs and hope to see you again soon.
Deborah A

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Through the craft room door this week.

Wendy Bellino said...

Such a sweet card and I appreciate the tip to create digis out of stamps. That's something I wouldn't think to do. Brilliant! I'm so glad you shared your art with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy

sanpiseth40 said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
ดูหนังออนไลน์

Kerin said...

Such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!