Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Sweet Smell

     Today you get another post from me but count it as tomorrow's post.  I have a full schedule tomorrow and probably won't be anywhere near the computer nor the blog.  For this card, I used a freebie image from the Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz.  This beautiful vintage perfume bottle is by Sandi Huggett.


I followed the sketch from Sketch Saturday 
and colors from C.R.A.F.T..
  

     I used my ProMarkers to color the image and those inspiration colors from C.R.A.F.T. allowed me to use my favorite color combo, purple and turquoise.  I added a bit of glitter to the jewels on the bottle and I also used a white gel pen to make the reflection of light on the bottle.

     The image is cut with a die from Spellbinders.  I used some lovely ombre dp from Recollections.  I snipped a scrap of navy blue CS into a dovetail and added it across the middle, then hand cut the sentiment, inked the edges, and added it.   One of my signature, hand-sewn bows was the final touch.

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Crafting from the Heart
Di's Digi Designs
Dragonfly Dreams
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Simon Says Stamp & Show

     Enjoy the two-for-one posts and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

So beautiful! Love the colors and the way you used that frame die. Have a good day tomorrow.
Lynn

Monica C. said...

Beautiful card! I love the use of the oval die offset to the side of the card.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the perfume bottle and beautiful frame. Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Don't you just love the vintage perfume bottles, so many details! Your card is beautiful!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lovely card. Your ombre background is stunning. hug, Teresa

@d_e_crafts said...

So pretty. Love the background. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this week.

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeous and feminine! Have fun tomorrow!

Brenda said...

This is absolutely so elegant. Love that you combined the challenges. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and Sketch Challenge!

Claire Grantham said...

I love the perfume bottle image and it's so beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this time. Claire DT

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Wow. Love your coloring on this perfume bottle. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS

cheiron said...

Gorgeous ink blending!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Ombre Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful card, love the take on the sketch you've followed, beautifully coloured. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck an dhope to see you again.
Denise (Owner of LPOCF)